Living Life Without Regret
Living life without regret may challenge us more than we ever cared it to. I have a lot of regrets, but I have decided to make an attempt at living life without regret from this point forward. You owe it to yourself and your loved ones as well to lead the way to living life without regret. Imagine taking action on every idea and using every gift and talent. Les Brown quotes an unknown author in the video below, saying, “What if you live your whole life only to realize it’s wrong?”
I watched this YouTube video today, and it inspired me to write a few words. The video compiles a few video clips of famous people speaking including some Les Brown motivation. The video producer’s YouTube Channel – “Live Today with Passion” – would inspire you if you want to subscribe.
I want to direct you to about the 7 and a 1/2 minute mark of the video in the middle of some Les Brown motivation. Les Brown speaks about pain and then speaks about regret. Listen for about three minutes. The words he speaks will challenge you and give you fuel to start living life without regret by taking action on your dreams.
Below the video, I have taken the time to transcribe the portion of the video that really blew me away. I hope it helps you to decide to start living life without regret as well.
The Video: Law of Attraction – DON’T LOOK BACK
Can you start living life without regret?
If you skipped the video and just want to get to the meat of the Les Brown motivation, I have his words here.
- He says, “Pain is everywhere. You can’t duck it. But most people spend their lives not wanting to deal with
- the pain of rejection,
- the pain of defeat,
- the pain of being disappointed,
- the pain of losing,
- the pain of failure,
- the pain of being criticized,
- the pain of not being liked,
- the pain, the pain, the pain.
Let the Les Brown motivation continue!
- He says,
- “That is life. Life is full of pain. It’s everywhere. But guess what, there’s no gain without pain. But it’s the pain of regret that we experience. If I had to do it over again…”
A new audio file came on at this point, so I lost what was said next. But the next audio file was some more Les Brown motivation. He talked about Dr. Howard Thurman, a mentor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and Albert Schweitzer, and Mahatma Ghandi.
- Dr. Thurman was an influential philosopher and writer who said,
- “Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
- Quoting the video again, Les Brown recites another Thurman quote,
- “Deep is the hunger, the voice of the genuine, the centering moment.”
The Ghosts of Your Dreams
Brown recounts one of Dr. Thurman’s motivating principles. He says the ideal way to pass from life to death is to have your family close by praying with you on your way to heaven. But then he says, what if instead something else entirely took place.
What if on your deathbed, “The ghosts of the dreams, the ideas, the abilities, the talents given to you by life, and that you, for whatever reason, you never went after that dream, you never acted on those ideas, talents, and gifts.”
- What if they said to you:
- “We came to you, and only you could have given us life. And now, we must die with you forever.“
Brown asks the question, “If you die today, what dreams, ideas, talents, books, what music, what leadership, what voice will die with you?” And then he quoted Henry David Thoreau, “O God, to reach the point of death only to realize that you’ve never lived.”
At about the 10 and a 1/2 minute mark in the video above, the Les Brown motivation was to get his audience to repeat, “Live Full, Die Empty.” This may not be enough to get you to start living life without regret. And, learning affiliate marketing in the community at Wealthy Affiliate may not be exactly what you thought you would be doing. I have chosen to continue to strive to live full and die empty by helping people live today with passion. Along with Wealthy Affiliate, I suggest using Simpleology. It’s the best thing going for organizing yourself and creating the time it will take to pursue your dreams.